- Beyond EV Surplus: Energy Storage Comes Into Its Own - BATTERY POWER ONLINE | At the International Battery Seminar, Iola Hughes, research manager at consultancy Rho Motion, reported shifts in the energy storage market. Rather that being simply a surplus market, battery energy storage systems (BESS) have grown into the fastest growing portion of energy demands. more..
- Amprius Technologies, University of Bayreuth Win Best of Show Awards in Florida - BATTERY POWER NEWS | Two Best of Show winners were named today at the International Battery Seminar, Orlando, Fla., recognizing both the best new product in the battery industry and the best poster on display at the event. more..
- Tesla Engineer Takes Battery Innovator Award, Talks Manufacturing Efficiencies, Recycling - BATTERY POWER NEWS | Drew Baglino of Tesla accepted the Shep Wolsky Battery Innovator of the Year Award yesterday at the International Battery Seminar in Orlando, Fla. Shep Wolsky founded the International Battery Seminar in 1983 and was a tireless champion of battery innovation. more..
- Finalists Named in Inaugural Best of Show Awards at the International Battery Seminar - BATTERY POWER NEWS | Twenty-two new products to be presented at the International Battery Seminar, March 20-23, Orlando, Fla., have been chosen as finalists in the inaugural Best of Show awards program, recognizing the best new products in the battery space. more..
- US Battery Alliance Releases Supply Chain Recommendations - Battery Power Online | Yesterday's report—“Building a Robust and Resilient U.S. Lithium Battery Supply Chain”—includes 26 recommended actions to bolster the domestic lithium battery industry. Underscoring the need to stabilize policy and spur investment, key recommendations in the report include a buying consortium for raw energy materials, a system of shared pilot lines to speed… more..
- Partnerships, Funding, New Battery Products - BATTERY POWER NEWS | Company news from the battery industry this month include several recent partnerships (focused on recycling, manufacturing and expansion into Europe, and lithium-ion supply agreements), new funding, and new products. more..
- Battery Power Online Launches Best of Show Awards Honoring New Products, Posters - BATTERY POWER NEWS | Battery Power Online is launching a new awards program at the International Battery Seminar in Orlando this spring: a Best of Show awards program comprising honors for both best New Products and Posters. more..
- OLED Display’s Impact on Battery Life for Consumer Tech Devices - BATTERY POWER ONLINE | Overall, there is a shift to OLED displays in devices such as monitors, tablets, laptops, TVs and smartphones. But currently, OLEDs experience shortcomings in power consumption for displays. more..
Eaton simplifies deployment and management of networked EV charging stations
March 22, 2023
As businesses, fleets, communities and individuals make the switch to zero-emission vehicles, there is a growing need for effective monitoring and management of electric vehicle charging infrastructure (EVCI). Intelligent power management company Eaton today announced the launch of its new Charging Network Manager software platform to optimize EV charging network operations from a single, intuitive dashboard. Within the online operator portal, site hosts can view and manage location and station information, driver access, payment processing, load distribution, reporting capabilities and more. Eaton worked closely with innovative EV charging software provider ChargeLab to customize its Charging Network Manager and conducted …
INOAC USA to Showcase Its Diverse Line-Up of Advanced Foams for EV Batteries at the International Battery Seminar & Exhibit
March 17, 2023
FARMINGTON HILLS, MICH, March 17, 2023 – INOAC USA, Inc., a leading innovator in polymer chemistry, announced today it will display its industry-leading foam products at this year’s International Battery Seminar & Exhibit, which takes place March 20 -23, at Loews Royal Pacific Resort in Orlando, Fla. INOAC’s foam materials provide cushioning, compression, sealing, vibration control and thermal conduction for Electric Vehicle (EV) batteries. “As more and more automakers commit to going electric, the need for safer, longer lasting and more efficient EV batteries becomes critical,” said Brad Harris, Director of New Business Development at INOAC Interior Systems. “INOAC …
Electriq Power Secures $300 Million of Solar+Storage Financing
March 16, 2023
West Palm Beach
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., March 16, 2023 – Electriq Power (Electriq), a provider of intelligent energy storage and management for homes and small businesses, announced today it has entered into a multi-year agreement with a major U.S. clean-energy company. The provider company, founded by one of the largest investors in clean energy infrastructure, provides a platform that designs, proposes and finances solar and storage projects nationwide. The financing is estimated to be greater than $300 million over 30 months, based on expected sales volumes, system size, and pricing contained in the agreement. The companies will jointly provide operations including potential …
How BSLBATT lithium-ion batteries revolutionized the cold storage industry
March 10, 2023
Executive Summary One of South Africa's leading chocolate producers switched to BSLBATT lithium-ion batteries to ensure uninterrupted multi-shift warehouse forklift operations in temperatures ranging from -25℃ to 30℃. The company profiled here is one of the largest branded food companies in South Africa and has its own manufacturing plant in South Africa. In 2021, companies are looking for ways to improve operational efficiency and safety. Low temperature freezer and refrigerator environments can put a lot of stress on lead-acid batteries, resulting in long charging times and frequent interruptions to daily operations. The conversion to Jungheinrich trucks powered by Eternity Technologies South Africa, the …
Delta-Q Paves the Path to Electrification with Major Business Momentum Milestones
March 6, 2023
Delta-Q Technologies, a ZAPI GROUP company and leading innovator and supplier of battery charging solutions for electric drive vehicles and industrial equipment, announces major business and revenue milestones, after a record year of substantial growth in its target markets. In 2022, Delta-Q eclipsed previous revenue years by achieving US $100 million in sales. This achievement was a significant milestone for the company, and validation of the many strategic initiatives implemented throughout the business over the past several years. “I am tremendously proud of the global Delta-Q team for a record-breaking year. We have successfully scaled the business while continuing to …