Techsil Launch Innovative Tapes Range for Electrical Vehicles
June 20, 2018
There is no denying that electric and hybrid vehicles (EV) are growing in popularity, being cheap to run, quiet and smooth to drive. Automotive manufacturers are keen to improve the power to weight ratio by using lighter materials such as composites and weight saving bonding, joining and fixing solutions.
Adhesive tapes offer an attractive alternative to traditional mechanical fastening methods and have a key role to play in the manufacture of electric cars, vans and public vehicles. From structural bonding tapes and anti-noise tapes to prevent rattles and squeaks through to closed cell foam tapes to provide waterproof seals there are many options.
Techsil have just introduced a specialist adhesive tapes range designed specifically for EV automotive battery applications that meets the stringent requirements of the EV industry. This range of tapes offers properties such as EMI shielding, Thermal & Electrical Insulation, Flame Retarding and Heat Sink Optimisation. The range is manufactured by ITW Stokis Tapes and includes:
- StokTherm - thermally conductive interface tapes that can give electrical insulation or act as a cooling bridge to the cooling unit.
- ITW Formex – a range of tapes that offer mechanical protection, electrical insulation and EMI shielding to battery covers and busbars and can be used as a cell separator.
- StokSeal – a range of PU and silicone adhesive foam pads that are used for cushioning, thermal insulation, sealing of housings and connectors against water ingress and as compression pads giving compensation for cell expansion.
In partnership with ITW Stokvis, Techsil can also offer Laminating and Die-Cut services.
- Laminating - to make proprietary products self-adhesive or laminating different tapes onto each other creating unique easy to apply materials.
- Die-Cut Services – to engineer new shapes and new combinations of materials to reduce application time and find a creative fixing solution.
For further information please contact email@example.com