ASCO 16.5 kV Containerized Load Bank Solves Testing Challenges for Large Facilities
December 13, 2019
For medium voltage load testing, multiple load banks and external transformers are often needed to apply sufficient load for generator testing. To simplify testing in large medium voltage applications, ASCO Power Technologies, Inc., introduces its 8850 Containerized Load Bank. Offering 4500 kVA in a single 30-foot transportable container, the unit is designed to be moved from site-to-site and reduce transformer cabling logistics.
The 8850 Containerized Load Bank is well-suited for testing power sources at large hospitals and large data centers. It offers flexibility for equipment rental vendors that provide a broad range of test capabilities. Its key features include:
- Capacity to 4500kVA, 16.5 kV at 0.8 power factor reduces need for multiple load banks
- Thirty-foot container encloses more load elements than smaller containerized models
- ISO-compliant container simplifies transport and relocation
- Integrated, sealed, oil-cooled transformer with Schneider Ringmaster switch board offers high-reliability for the toughest conditions
- Medium voltage operation reduces or eliminates space-consuming external transformers
- Centralized transformer optimizes weight distribution and eases transport and handling
- Resistive load elements use ASCO’s proven non-finned sheathed design for long service life
- Separate control rooms segregate low and medium voltage operation
- ASCO SIGMA controls supervise low voltage functions
- Integrated ASCO SIGMA Instrument System monitors medium voltage components
- Modbus over Ethernet simplifies integration into common Building Management Systems
- Optional sound attenuation reduces noise
- Integrated Schneider Magelis HMI touchscreen provides local control and diagnostic insights
“The new 30-foot 8850 Containerized Load Bank provides capabilities for any testing requirement, and is especially suited for high-capacity, high-voltage applications,” said Jonathan Clarke, Sales & Marketing Director, ASCO Load Bank UK. “It is a self-contained, easy-to-install, all-in-one design that makes multiple units unnecessary, decreasing costs and reducing floor space requirements.”
ASCO products are backed by technology, support, and service that are unmatched in the industry. Click the following links to view the 8850 webpage, video, and data sheet. Contact an ASCO representative to learn more.
About ASCO Power Technologies
ASCO Power Technologies has provided power reliability solutions for more than 125 years. The firm designs, manufactures, services, and supports automatic transfer switches, power control equipment, load banks, and surge protective devices. ASCO products serve mission-critical functions in data centers, healthcare facilities, telecommunication networks, commercial buildings, and industrial operations. To learn more about any of ASCO’s premium products and services, call (800) 800 ASCO (2726), email email@example.com, or visit www.ascopower.com.